“I am Paulette. It has been my privilege to volunteer at the Hospitality Center since it opened over 20 years ago. It is one of the great privileges of my life. I have always longed to communicate love and respect especially to those who are devalued by society. The Center allows for just that. Join us for the joy of it. Join us for the blessing.”
Who is eligible?
Volunteer positions are open to all individuals who meet the qualifications outlined below, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. Minimum age of 18 by the start of your volunteer service.
- Compassion to deal with difficult subject matter and those who are affected by it.
- Open-mindedness, respect and patience to work with a diverse public and staff.
- Integrity to represent the Center and oneself with the highest standards.
- Dedication to the Center’s mission.
- Reliability to consistently keep one’s volunteer commitment to the Center.
How you can get involved:
- Serve breakfast and coffee
- Organize and distribute mail
- Lead devotions
- Welcome and check in clients
- Assist in crisis intervention
- Data entry and clerical work
- Food Pantry inventory and organization
- Collect much-needed food and items from your school, church group, scout troop, team and community.
- Crusade for us! Come and see for yourself, and then spread the word to the community about who we are and what we do!
CURRENT INDIVIDUAL OPPORTUNITIES:
7 am to 9 am Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
9 am to 12 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday
Resource Desk volunteers maintain a hospitable and professional reception to everyone entering the Center; oversee activities of clients that take place during the shift, and ensure client needs are met. Resource desk volunteers greet and direct visitors, answer and direct incoming phone calls, manage the shower and social services lists, ensure a clean and safe environment, and maintain supply of appropriate client supplies at front desk.
Call us today at 610.277.1321 Ext. 109.
Is your office, church group, friends, or family interested in volunteering at a one time event? Contact us today to discuss possible opportunities!
If you are interested in volunteering, we would LOVE to meet with you!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-277-1321 x109 for more information.
Let’s find out how we can serve Norristown together!
Without the hard work of our dedicated volunteers, we could not keep our doors open. Come and Join us!